Ingredients (4-5 servings)
- 3 acorn squash
- 1 carrots
- ¼ yellow onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- ½ pumpkin powder
- 6 cups vegetable stock
Candied Pumpkin seed
- 8 ounces toasted Pumpkin seed
- 6 ounces brown sugar
- 3 ounces water
Directions for Candied pumpkin seed:
- Preheat oven to 350°F, then combine brown sugar and water until dissolved
- Add pumpkin seeds and mix well.
- Place the pumpkin seed mix on a baking sheet-pan with baking paper and cook for about 8 minutes. Stir after 4 minutes.
- Take acorn squash halved and seeded, add olive oil and drizzle on squash.
- Place the squash onto a baking sheet-pan cut side down. Bake in Preheated oven (350°F) until the flesh of the squash is easily pricked with a fork. About 30-35 minutes.
- While acorn squash is baking, dice vegetables 2 inches side.
- Remove squash from oven, let it cool until squash can be handled then scoop squash’s flesh into a bowl and set aside.
- In a pot over medium-high heat, place olive oil then cut vegetables and sauté for 6-7 minutes. Pour in the squash flesh, spices and give a stir. Add vegetable stock, reduce heat, and bring to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender no more than half full, cover and blend in batches until smooth season with salt and pepper.
- Return to pot. Thin the soup with veg stock or water if desired.
Pour hot soup into a soup bowl, place the candied pumpkin seed in the middle and add 1 pinch of cayenne powder to give nice spice to it.