Lisa Jacknow spent years working in national and local news in and around New York City before moving to Princeton. Working as both a TV producer and news reporter, Lisa came to this area to focus on the local news of Mercer County at WZBN-TV. In recent years, she got immersed in the Princeton community by serving leadership roles at local schools in addition to volunteering for other local non-profits. In her free time, Lisa loves to spend time with her family, play tennis, sing and play the piano. A graduate of the S. I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University, Lisa was raised just north of Boston, Massachusetts but has lived in the tri-state area since college. She is excited to be Editor and head writer for Princeton Perspectives!
Home › Local Realities and Personal Opportunities to Affect Environmental Concerns › Pulse of Princeton: What’s something you’ve personally done to benefit the environment?
The Pulse of Princeton:
What's something you’ve personally done to benefit the environment?
Did You Know?
- Princeton is silver certified with Sustainable Jersey for 2023, which means it is considered by “peers, state government and experts and civic organizations in New Jersey, to be among the leaders in the state.”
- There are more electric vehicles registered in Princeton than in any other NJ municipality, and more than 5,600 electric vehicles on the road across Mercer County.
- Best Buy takes recycling items the county doesn’t. No matter where you bought them, you can bring electronics, appliances, and fitness equipment in store to the service counter, recycling up to 3 items per day (2 per day of computer monitors and TVs).
- The latest data shows natural gas is used nearly 2x more than any other form of energy in New Jersey.
In This Issue
- Editor’s Note
- Pulse of Princeton: What’s something you’ve personally done to benefit the environment?
- Electric, Gas, Efficiency: You Have More Control Than You May Realize
- How Your Lawn/Patio/Window Box is a Frontline Protector of the Local Ecosystem
- Are Local Residents Ready to Go All-in on Electric Cars?
- Recycling in Mercer County – Everything You Always Wanted to Know
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Princeton Online, P.O. Box 1269, Princeton, NJ, 08542, http://princetonol.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact